March. 14th – 15th, 2020 – Dropzone Gunner III
The event you have always wanted! Obstacles, live fire and the experience of a lifetime. Come compete for prizes and the thrill of it.
Dropzone Gunner presents: DZGIII – 2020
The DZG experience is as competitive as you make it. Push the pace & shoot straight to place & win awesome prizes, rally your team and battle the other teams for bragging rights, or simply make it your goal to cross the finish line of one epic course! DZG is about combining extreme physical obstacles along with the ability to operate a variety of weapons. From the elite runner & sharp shooter to the generally active individual who just wants to shoot at something, Dropzone Gunner Events has you covered.
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. Have fun with your family & friends
2. It’s only as competitive as you make it! There is top podium placement for encouragement.
3. Top 5 finishers all receive one rifle/pistol, provided by awesome sponsors including Daniel Defense, Rock River Arms, Diamondback and Head Down Firearms.
4. Over $17,000 in prizes to raffle off during both days of the event.
5. Every person that comes to the event (competitors and spectators) gets one free raffle ticket and is entered into DZG Raffle.
6. Firearms usage and ammunition are included in your registration
Ares Firearms Training Facility: 35615 N Treasure Island Ave, Leesburg, Florida 34788
COURSE OPTIONS & DETAILS:
½ mile course. Runners compete in waves of five. Start the course, go over obstacles, go into shooting stage #1. Weapon and range instructor are waiting. Pick it up, shoot, set it down, and repeat. After stage 4, there is a trail through the woods to race through to get to the finish line. There are five major obstacles throughout the course, each one different from the last. In between those obstacles, there are a series of smaller basic obstacles such as hurdles & barb wires, etc.
Aid / Water Stations
During the race, there will be water stations.
Check in begins at 7am and lasts until 830am
Due to the nature of combining obstacles with firearms, runners will be competing in flights of five.
There will be race day packet pickup.
Award Ceremony & Placement
The top 10 winners compete on Sunday night for the final championship.
Spectators are very welcome & get (10) raffle tickets! Access to educational series, the speaker series, enjoy the Chili-Zone and meet a ton of other great, like minded people like yourself! There will also be some smaller side competitions that you can participate in.
For Runners: Be Early
- Arrive an hour before your start time. This gives you plenty of time to park, pick up your packet, drop your stuff at bag check, find your friends & get warmed up.
WHAT TO BRING
Barcode (print or save your registration barcode to your phone.
Towel & extra (dry) clothes
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
Outside food and drink (racers, fuel for the race is OK)
WHAT TO WEAR
There’s no dress code, but you’ll be running in trails, possibly crawling through a creek & shooting guns.
Our elites recommend: performance gear (NOT COTTON), compression underwear, high socks and headgear.
Advice from experience: is to race in what you train in – new shoes on race day are NOT recommended.
Subscribe here to receive a notification when our photos are posted:
Check out our On The Trail Race Preview Video